CHAMBER TEAM STRUCTURE
Bylaws regarding Teams:
The President of the Board, by and with the approval of the Board of Directors, shall appoint all committees and committee chairpersons. The President of the Board may appoint such ad hoc committees and their chairperson as deemed necessary to carry out the programs of the Chamber. Committee appointments shall be at the will and pleasure of the President of the Board and shall serve concurrent with the term of the appointing President of the Board, unless a different term is approved by the Board of Directors.
It shall be the function of committees to make investigations, conduct studies and hearings, make recommendations to the Board of Directors, and to carry on such activities as may be delegated to them by the Board.
No action by any member, committee, division, employee, director or officer shall be binding upon, or constitute an expression of, the policy of the Chamber until it shall have been approved or ratified by the Board of Directors.
Committees shall be discharged by the President of the Board when their work has been completed and their reports accepted, or when, in the opinion of the Board of Directors, it is deemed wise to discontinue the committees.
The Board of Directors may create such divisions, bureaus, departments, councils, or subsidiary organizations deemed advisable to handle the work of the Chamber.
The Board shall authorize and define the powers and duties of all divisions, bureaus, departments, councils, and subsidiary organizations. The Board shall annually review and approve all activities and proposed programs of such divisions, bureaus, departments, councils, or subsidiary organizations having bearing upon or expressive of the Chamber, unless approved by the Board of Directors.
• Member’s are involved and empowered to complete a task or project.
• Collaborate as a group to brainstorm ideas and implement solutions\plans.
• Have clear goals, boundaries and ground rules to effectively work together.
• Each member Share’s the work to accomplish goals. If you are not a leader, or facilitator you can be a very productive team member.
• A very successful start with the Chamber Board, Golf Outing Team and Event Team! Thank you to all Team Member’s for your efforts and results!!!
Each Chamber Team Will Have:
• At least one board member on each team.
• A clear team charter and ground rules.
• 5-9 active team members.
• A leader and support from Amy Hansen and board member’s as needed.
• An agenda for each meeting and short summary of minutes for each meeting.
• Each activity \ goal needs to ultimately tie in with our Chamber’s Mission.
Example of Team Ground Rules:
• Meetings start and end on time
• Encourage team participation
• Practice good listening skills & ask questions
• Have and follow Agenda for each meeting
• Be mentally here & fully present for meetings
• Turn off electronics- place on vibrate for an emergency
• Practice good listening skills & ask questions
• One conversation at a time
• Respect other’s ideas – opinions
• Complete your assigned work
• Always portray a positive attitude
• Hold each other accountable to follow ground rules
• No cheap shots or personal attacks
• Work for the good of the team, not your own
Chamber team members are often interested in welcoming new volunteers. To volunteer for one of these teams, contact Chamber Executive Director Amy Hansen at 608-843-3166 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Development Committee
Mission: Promote new businesses to the chamber area and assist existing businesses in their growth.
Interest in bringing new business to town? Interested in preparing for Hwy 14? Get involved!
Contact Amy Hansen for information.
Mission: Significantly increase membership retention by improving communications with our membership and increasing membership involvement and support of all Chamber events and activities.
Please let Amy know if you want to be part of this fun, energetic, positive new team.
Golf Outing Team
Mission: Successfully plan and execute the annual Chamber Golf outing at Lake Wisconsin. Click here for a volunteer description.
Event Planning Team
Mission: Successfully plan and execute the following events which help to further the mission of the Chamber. Annual Dinner, Memorial Day Chicken BBQ, Taste of Cross Plains, Business Fair, and Golf Outing. If you are interested in helping with any of these events let us know. We welcome short and long term volunteers. Explore and roll out new events which do the same. Contact Amy Hansen for more information.
Marketing and Communication Team
Mission: The Chamber strives to provide information to keep entire community educated on area and village issues and happenings and the chamber’s involvement.
Please let Amy know if you are able to help in this area including website, newsletters and eblasts, and more. We'll be putting together a community guide and membership directory in 2013. We need your help!
Mission: The Chamber will provide opportunities to connect with other business members to help improve and promote your business.
The team will coordinate membership meetings, after hours, education and professional development opportunities and more.
cross plains area chamber of commerce
For Chamber Information please email Executive Director Amy Hansen at:
"Promoting a strong economy and high quality of life for our Chamber members and the Cross Plains area communities."
GET INVOLVED TODAY! Community Involvement ~ Business Development ~ Communication ~ Networking
Cross Plains Area Chamber of Commerce © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
OR (608) 843-3166
PO BOX 271
CROSS PLAINS, WI 53528