St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, 2947 Thinnes St., Cross Plains, opened in June 1853. In 1857 the first school was opened. Today, the school serves families with children in 4K-8th Grade and more than 950 families are parish members.
St. Martin’s Lutheran Church (ELCA - Evangelical Lutheran Church in America), 2427 Church St., first met in Cross Plains in May of 1878 in the old school house located in Valley Home Cemetery, corner of Brewery Rd. and Hwy 14. In the fall of 1959 a site was purchased for future expansion. In October 1961 a parsonage was dedicated. (It is now the Gunderson Funeral Home.) Groundbreaking for the current church building was held in November 1972, dedicated on July 22, 1973. In 1998 planning began for a church addition, which was finished and dedicated on May 21, 2000.
Other area churches include: St. Martin’s Catholic Church, 5959 St. Martin Circle in Martinsville; St. Mary’s of Pine Bluff Catholic Church, 3673 County Highway KP; St. Peter’s Catholic Church, 7125 County Trunk K in Ashton; St. Peter’s Lutheran Church of Berry, 5435 Scherbel Road in Black Earth; New Heights Lutheran Church, 1705 Center St, Black Earth; St. Paul’s Lutheran Church of Marxville, 8748 Highway 19 in Mazomanie; and West Middleton Lutheran Church, 3763 Pioneer Road, Verona.
cross plains area chamber of commerce
For Chamber Information please email Executive Director Amy Hansen at:
"Promoting a strong economy and high quality of life for our Chamber members and the Cross Plains area communities."
GET INVOLVED TODAY! Community Involvement ~ Business Development ~ Communication ~ Networking
Cross Plains Area Chamber of Commerce © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
OR (608) 843-3166
PO BOX 271
CROSS PLAINS, WI 53528